From: Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: This nite's switch to "full multilib"
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2015 19:52:50
1 On 2015-03-30, Fernando Rodriguez <frodriguez.developer@×××××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Monday, March 30, 2015 9:09:14 PM Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 >
4 >> Maybe it's time we asked the multilib devs how they intended to deal
5 >> with these questions you raise.
6 >
7 > I don't have a problem with the way it is, but I think something like
8 > the following would be nice: instead of just supporting use_flag and
9 > -use_flag you could add something like @use_flag (auto-use flag) that
10 > automatically builds the feature only if needed to satisfy a
11 > dependency. That way you're not changing anything with existing
12 > configuration and still got full control over it.
13
14 That could be pretty handy in cases like this.
15
16 I was also wondering if there might a way for emerge to show you which
17 packages have USE flags enabled that aren't required by any dependent
18 package: it would be sort of like "emerge --depclean" but for USE
19 flags instead of packages themselves.
22 Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards Yow! The PILLSBURY DOUGHBOY
23 at is CRYING for an END to
24 gmail.com BURT REYNOLDS movies!!