From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} offline backups
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2015 23:29:33
1 On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 07:51:35AM -0800, Grant wrote
2 > I have several encrypted backup repositories online and I'd like to
3 > somehow mirror that offline. I currently have about 20G of data to
4 > back up. Any ideas? Rewritable Blu-Ray?
5
6 32 gigabyte USB keys are around $20 CDN, probably less in US dollars.
7 http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=11_180_181&item_id=058767
8
9 128 gigabyte keys for $80
10 http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=11_180_181&item_id=069903
11
12 256 and 512 gigabyte capacities are also available, but they're more
13 expensive. Format a USB key as ext2fs, and it'll handle permissions and
14 UID's properly.
17 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
18 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications