From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: OT: emoticon display with Thunderbird
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2013 14:11:06
1 Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
4 > Stroller.
5
6 > [1]
7 http://thommck.wordpress.com/2011/12/15/youve-got-emoji-smilie-characters-discovered-in-a-font/
8 > [2] http://users.teilar.gr/~g1951d/
9 > [3] https://github.com/android/platform_frameworks_base/tree/master/data/fonts
10 > [4]
11 http://www.xda-developers.com/android/jelly-bean-emoji-font-on-ice-cream-sandwich/
12 > [5] http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1879056
15 You and others have given me much to consider.
16 I've read about too many issues with version 10 of TB.
17 So before I can continue this emoticon solution-quest,
18 I must first complete some (many) network upgrades
19 and systems upgrades (way far behind on these projects).
22 What I'm really (eventually) after is a way to send
23 a custom emoticon, tied to a specific trirgger.
24 For example, every hour, I'd like to send a measured
25 temperature from a remote linux system to the mail
26 box on another system, that looks like a hollow
27 emoticon (empty sphere) with these characters inside of
28 it:
29
30 72F
31
32 meaning the cpu temperature on this system is 72 degrees F.
33 Think of it a simple graphical email, via expanded emoticons?
36 In an ideal world, I'd like to auto-magically support
37 billions of (custom) emoticons....The reality is I'll settle
38 for an easy to admin, simple subset...... for now (after
39 some routine admin catchup)......
43 James