From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Going ~x86?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 23:24:01
1 On Friday 13 November 2009 00:46:00 Stefan G. Weichinger wrote:
2 > Stefan G. Weichinger schrieb:
3 > > Neil Bothwick schrieb:
4 > >> I'd emerge @system first, then reboot and make sure everything works
5 > >> correctly before updating the rest of @world.
6 > >
7 > > Good point, yes ... hmm, it was half way through @world ... now I do
8 > > @system and will see what happens. Thanks for the hint, I should have
9 > > thought of that.
10 >
11 > I interrupted my @world and finished @system first, rebooted ok, then
12 > finished @world, added some revdep-rebuild-runs on the way (some
13 > stoppers inbetween, but nothing too serious) ... now I am through and
14 > have my complete ~amd64-box.
15 >
16 > So far nearly everything seems to work (only half an hour usage so far,
17 > we'll see ...). I will add another reboot now and have a look at the
18 > minor issues.
19 >
20 > Additional thought: /etc/portage/package.keywords should be useless now,
21 > hm?
22
23 No, you will still need it for ebuilds that having missing keywords. For
24 everything else, it's duplication. Test if you need it by:
25
26 - moving the file out the way
27 - emerge -pv @installed
28
29 If you get any messages at all before the list of packages, you have stuff to
30 fix
34 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com