From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: Gentoo-Users <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Revdep-rebuild: ams won't start due to shared library libclalsadrv.so.1
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2012 00:20:02
1 Hello
2
3 For everything there is a first time. So after years of coping by myself,
4 this is the first time I need an advice on a shared libary that can't be
5 found. My problem:
6
7 $ ams
8 ams: error while loading shared libraries: libclalsadrv.so.1: cannot open
9 shared object file: No such file or directory
10
11 I ran revdep-rebuild -pvi twice, the result was that only ams needs to be
12 rebuilt. So I did it. But because it didn't solve the problem, I ran revdep
13 again with the same outcome, so I built ams again. Next I did
14 $ qdepends libclalsadrv
15 The only returned packages was alsa-lib, so I did
16 $ emerge alsa-lib ams
17
18 Next I looked at the binary, and indeed it contains the string libclalsadrv.so.1.
19 But right before that, it mentions jack, so I also rebuilt jack (hope dies
20 last). But neither helped.
21
22 So, please help me remove the tomatoes from my eyes---what am I missing here?
25 Some background info:
26 $ eix -e -c ams -o libclalsadrv -o alsa-lib | sed 's_:.*__g'
27 [I] media-libs/alsa-lib (1.0.25-r1@07.11.2012)
28 [I] media-libs/libclalsadrv (1.2.2@07.11.2012)
29 [I] media-sound/ams (2.0.1@07.11.2012)
30
31 $ qlist libclalsadrv
32 /usr/share/doc/libclalsadrv-1.2.2/AUTHORS.bz2
33 /usr/include/clalsadrv.h
34 /usr/lib64/libclalsadrv.so
35 /usr/lib64/libclalsadrv.so.1.2.2
38 Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
39 Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.
40
41 The four elements: earth, air and firewater.