From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] "sys-fs/exfat-utils" vs "sys-fs/exfatprogs"
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2021 17:35:39
1 On Sat, 20 Mar 2021 11:27:23 -0600, Grant Taylor wrote:
2
3 > > Looking at the github readme, it wold appear that exfat-progs is for
4 > > use with the new in-kernel exfat fs, while exfat-utils is a companion
5 > > to the older FUSE implementation of exfat.
6 >
7 > Maybe I need more caffeine, but I can't see the /direct/ relationship
8 > between /user/ /space/ utilities and /kernel/ /space/ support for the
9 > same file system.
10
11 > Is there something that I'm missing that would prevent exfat-progs
12 > (user space) with FUSE exFAT (kernel space) -or- exfat-utils (user
13 > space) with in-kernel exFAT (kernel space)?
14
15 I'm not saying there is a direct relationship, but the exfat-progs readme
16 states it is for use with the new in-kernel fs while exfat-utils is from
17 the same devs as the FUSE module.
21 Neil Bothwick
22
23 Processor: (n.) a device for converting sense to nonsense at the speed
24 of electricity, or (rarely) the reverse.