From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to find a bounced message
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 16:55:22
1 On 1/18/22 11:45, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Tue, 18 Jan 2022 16:39:13 +0000, Peter Humphrey wrote:
3 >
4 >> I got a bounced-message message yesterday, giving its number. How can I
5 >> find it? The Gentoo archives site doesn't include a search function,
6 >> nor message IDs.
7 > Send a mail to the List-Help address in the headers of any list message.
8 > It will send you a list of the commands you can use, including the one to
9 > retrieve a message by number.
10
11 That message number is used by mlmmj, the mailing list manager software,
12 but unfortunately, it doesn't translate to anything that lets you find
13 the message in any archive.  You can request a re-send of the message,
14 as Neil says, which will work if the problem was transient.  However, if
15 the message was blocked by any filter (spam related?) between the list
16 server and you, the resent version will get blocked the same way.  As
17 far as I can tell, the only way to get a reference to find the message
18 in the archives is to send a message to an admin.   I've been meaning to
19 ask about this on the mlmmj mailing list, but have not yet done so.
20
21 Jack