From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [NOTE] New default behavior in latest nfs-utils (1.3.2-r1)
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 01:16:00
1 Am Montag, 02.02.2015 um 00:12
2 schrieb Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
3
4 > On Mon, 2 Feb 2015 00:32:34 +0100, wabenbau@×××××.com wrote:
5 >
6 > > > #mount.nfs a6://usr/portage /usr/portage -o nfsvers=3 hangs
7 > > > indefinitely until I hit Ctrl-C. If I then repeat the same
8 > > > command immediately the mount succeeds. This is the mysterious
9 > > > nfs black magic I've run into many times over the years and makes
10 > > > me dread nfs updates.
11 > >
12 > > Here is the postinstall info from the update to nfs-utils-1.3.1-r1.
13 > > Maybe you run into that.
14 > >
15 > > "If you use OpenRC, the nfsmount service has been replaced with
16 > > nfsclient. If you were using nfsmount, please add nfsclient and
17 > > netmount to the same runlevel as nfsmount."
18 >
19 > It's got nothing to do with the init system used. That message tells
20 > you what to do to try to mount the NFS shares when you boot, but
21 > unless you have suitable mount options or kernel config, that attempt
22 > will fail.
23
24 Maybe I don't exactly understand what you are trying to tell me because
25 of my lousy English.
26
27 Of course you also need the right mount options and kernel config. But
28 since nfsmount doesn't exist anymore, the "rpc stuff" isn't started by
29 the OpenRC init system until you add nfsclient to the right runlevel.
30
31 Regards
32 wabe