From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Old Firefox ebuild?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 18:40:47
1 On Friday, October 14, 2016 11:02:57 AM Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2 > Does anyone have a copy of the firefox 38.x ebuild around?
3 >
4 > The latest update wiped it out, and now if I take the plunge to the
5 > current versions (i.e. at least 45.x) and I find then insufferable, I
6 > have no way back :-(
7 >
8 > btw I do make regular backups, but not of anything under /usr. This
9 > will teach me.
10
11 Portage tree is now under git, so you should be able to do a git clone of it,
12 jump back to a point in history where the ebuild you like is still present,
13 and grab it from there.
16 :wq