From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] PAM auto-adding ".db" suffix: feature or bug?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:45:17
1 On 24/08/2014 06:51, Jarry wrote:
2 >> Consult Google and find out more about postfix's postmaps with
3 >> particular reference to how it's done if you use db files from sleepycat
4 >
5 > This has nothing to do with postfix, I used it just as
6 > an example. I had the very same problem with ftp.
7 >
8 > My Postfix uses cyrus-sasl for smtp-authentification,
9 > and cyrus-sasl in my example uses pam with user-db.
10 >
11 > Problem is PAM configuration, which must contain:
12 > db=/etc/postfix/virtual_users (without ".db")
13 >
14 > But real user database is in:
15 > /etc/postfix/virtual_users.db
16 >
17 > This I find very strange...
21 It's unusual, but it's also the way it is. Why are you so concerned?
22
23 You edit the file without extension and create a db file with .db
24 extension which the software uses. Perhaps not 100% what you were
25 expecting but if that's how the bits of software are written, what's the
26 problem?
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com