From: brettholcomb@×××××××××.net
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: Re: [gentoo-user] Contributing to Portage
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2005 19:46:24
1 That's good to know. It's been a while since I looked but there used to be some docs on how to actually do an ebuild and what things in it meant.
4 > From: John Lange <john.lange@×××××××.ca>
5 > Date: 2005/10/06 Thu PM 01:11:21 EDT
6 > To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
7 > Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Contributing to Portage
8 >
9 > The Gentoo documentation on ebuilds is "after-the-fact".
10 >
11 > "Contributing Ebuilds: This guide explains how to submit ebuild packages
12 > through the Bugzilla tracking system."
13 >
14 > I did finally find it. Its apparently not in the gentoo documentation
15 > but there is a Wiki.
16 >
17 > Once I figured out the appropriate search term is "ebuild" I was able to
18 > turn up some decent google results.
19 >
20 > For the sake of anyone else looking:
21 >
22 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Create_an_Updated_Ebuild
23 >
24 > Thanks,