From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] modifying iptables: how can I prevent locking me out?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 22:18:20
1 On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 2:14 PM, Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jan 24, 2011 at 1:50 PM, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 24 Jan 2011 10:59:16 -0800, Mark Knecht wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> Maybe a cron job that no matter what reloads the old rules 1 hour later?
6 >>
7 >> Wouldn't at make more sense? You don't want the thing to keep reloading
8 >> your old config, at will do it once, and you can remove the task from the
9 >> at queue once you successfully log back in.
10 >>
11 >> echo "command to reload old rules" | at now + 1 hour
14 >> --
15 >> Neil Bothwick
16 >
17 > As a one-off test absolutely.
20 Actually, upon 15 seconds of reflection, what happens if he's locked
21 out and there's a power failure before the at command executes? When
22 rebooted I think it won't be there anymore, will it?
23
24 - Mark