From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem with installation kde-meta, gnome
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2010 10:01:48
1 On Wednesday 17 February 2010 11:25:25 Andzrzej Styczeń wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > I am newbie to Gentoo. I yesterday install it and uff it works :-).
5 >
6 > Today I try to install kde on amd64 architecture but I obtain error. I do
7 > the following:
8 >
9 > # emerge --sync
10 > # emerge kde-meta
11 >
12 > * Error: circular dependencies:
13
14 Wait about one day, sync again, and retry.
15
16 Chances are good the maintainer will have spotted the circular deps and fixed
17 them. There's not much you can do about it on your end.
18
19 With experience, it's possible to adjust one of the packages to break the
20 circular dep, then reinstall then one at a time in the correct order. You have
21 used Gentoo for one day, this would not be an appropriate thing for you to
22 attempt. Easier to wait a bit.
27 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com