From: tastytea <gentoo@××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] gentoo-sources-5.15.59 un-keyworded?
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 08:59:45
1 On 2022-09-23 10:28+0200 "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org> wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > Is there a specific reason why the keywords (apart from hppa) have
6 > been removed from gentoo-sources-5.15.59?
7 >
8 > I am seeing some issues with systems running this version, but not
9 > all. And as this is recent, I don't have an older kernel to quickly
10 > fall back to. Currently working on testing different versions to see
11 > if it is the kernel.
12 >
13 > If anyone knows why this was done, please let me know. I couldn't
14 > find anything in b.g.o and my google-fu is failing me on this.
15
16 Judging by the git log[1] and `eshowkw sys-kernel/gentoo-sources`[2], it
17 looks like it was part of a cleanup, a lot of old kernels were dropped.
18 5.15.59 presumably wasn't dropped because it's the latest stable on
19 hppa. I guess the other arches were unkeyworded to keep the list of
20 supported kernels somewhat reasonable.
21
22 Kind regards, tastytea
23
24 [1] <https://cgit.gentoo.org/repo/gentoo.git/log/sys-kernel/gentoo-sources>