From: "Juan Diego Tascón" <juantascon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anybody have kdebluetooth working?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 15:32:38
1 I have never been able to pair in a2dp mode and pulseaudio with either
2 kdebluetooth nor gnome bluetooth, only blueman seems to be doing a
3 good job for that
4
5 On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 6:46 AM, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
6 > On Thursday 23 Feb 2012 12:47:00 James Broadhead wrote:
7 >> On 23 February 2012 12:39, Robin Atwood <robin.atwood@×××××××××.net> wrote:
8 >> > I have just tried to send a file from my phone to my laptop running KDE
9 >> > 4.8.0 and it fails; the two devices never bind. When I set up the laptop
10 >> > it was running KDE 4.6.3 and bluetooth worked fine. The BlueZ libraries
11 >> > have changed substantially since, I think. Using 'hcitool inq' works
12 >> > fine, it's the KDE dialogs which sit there searching endlessly. Any
13 >> > recommended settings for /etc/bluetooth/*? Doc is a bit hard to come by.
14 >> >
15 >> > TIA
16 >> > -Robin
17 >>
18 >> Not exactly on-topic, but I recently got my bluetooth headset working
19 >> without any major hassle using net-wireless/gnome-bluetooth by
20 >> - Building the appropriate communications-types modules
21 >> - Starting the bluetooth init script
22 >> - Running bluetooth-wizard to pair and bluetooth-applet to
23 >> connect/disconnect
24 >
25 > I'm using net-wireless/bluedevil-1.2.2 and I do not have any such problems.
26 > However, I'm not using the whole KDE desktop and I'm still on KDEPIM 4.4.11.1
27 > --
28 > Regards,
29 > Mick