From: James <jtp@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] any gentoo mutt users?
Date: Sat, 02 May 2009 22:00:50
1 Thanks for the response Grant and Willie!
2
3 I'm not sure that the xfce4 mail watch plugin is going to be helpful.
4 I currently have mutt configured as an IMAP client and I have yet to
5 find a tool that can poll individual "folders" (or mailboxes) on a
6 remote IMAP system.
7
8 Because everything is remote, I can't tell bash to check for mail
9 locally. Not to mention I'm a zsh user. ;)
10
11 I actually configured mutt with a list of mailboxes, but because I
12 have so many mailboxes mutt actually became completely unresponsive
13 and would take over 5 minutes to actually load completely. Bummer.
14
15 I must admit that Thunderbird is pretty good about keeping tabs on the
16 many mailboxes I have and updating me when something new pops up.
17
18 From what I've been told, gbuffy is one of the few tools that actually
19 does what I'm looking for, but as Grant mentioned it won't compile
20 successfully (at least not using the ebuild in the portage tree).
21
22 Any thoughts on how to do this when using IMAP and lots of folders? :)
23
24 -j
25