From: Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Chmod Failed
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 21:11:22
1 Hello,
2
3 On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 18:31:45 +0100
4 Alexander Puchmayr <alexander.puchmayr@×××××××.at> wrote:
5 > Which users are involved?
6 > I assume you are emerging as root, and you have been doing you manual
7 > modification as root as well.
8
9 Yes with root. But i understand this mistake never has. Thats why im
10 woundering.
11
12 > Just a guess: as part of the emerge-command, chmod may be called as
13 > user 'portage', who does not have the right to change modifications
14 > of this file.
15
16 But how can change? On all my PCs run gentoo but never come this error.
17
18 On my Desktop
19 siefke ~ $ cat /etc/group | grep portage
20 portage:x:250:portage,siefke
21
22 On the Chroot Build
23 siefke ~ $ cat /mnt/gentoo/i686/etc/group | grep portage
24 portage:x:250:portage
25
26 > Just another guess: have a look at your /etc/portage/make.conf, and
27 > check the FEATURES variable. If it contains 'userpriv', remove it and
28 > try again.
29
30 siefke ~ $ cat /mnt/gentoo/i686/etc/portage/make.conf | grep FEATURES
31 FEATURES="buildpkg sandbox collision-protect parallel-fetch
32 -preserve-libs"
35 That i have read in a Tutorial for a Gentoo Build Server. I has think it
36 was the mount from the /var/tmp/portage from the Hostsystem, but i has
37 unmount, i delete the directory but it will not change.
40 Thanks for help & Nice Day
41 Silvio
42 --
43 Silvio Siefke <siefke_listen@×××.de>