From: Mike Williams <mike@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Apple external booting (WAS: What list for Mac Mini?)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 22:25:38
1 On Monday 31 October 2005 22:02, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >    My question is whether I can put Gentoo on the external drive and
3 > get Apple's Open Firmware to boot Gentoo. I do not really want to put
4 > Gentoo on the internal drive, at least right now. I'd love to be able
5 > to use an external drive to boot to Gentoo instead of OS X.
6
7 I don't know, but reckon you can.
8 Do you know why I think that? I can use my apple bluetooth keyboard and mouse
9 with no linux bluetooth support, use them to install gentoo from the livecd,
10 and even get it to boot from cd (hold c while turning it on).
11 Also, yaboot ultimately references openfirmware device names, which should be
12 available at power on.
15 Mike Williams
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list