From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] how can I execute a bash command afterebuild is over
Date: Sat, 02 Aug 2014 21:38:06
1 On 02/08/2014 23:15, covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > OK, here is my problem -- I want to execute a command before and another
3 > command after an ebuild. I see how to execute a command before using
4 > /etc/portage/env/category/packagename, but I can't figure out to execute
5 > something after the ebuild is done. Basically, I need to change the
6 > opengl interface during the compile of webkit-gtk, otherwise I get this
7 > hanging process.
8 >
9 > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
13 A short nasty way would be something like
14
15 emerge whatever && killall <name of hung process>
16
17 A more elegant way is to copy the ebuild to a local overlay and modify
18 it. You should override an appropriate phase like src_* or pkg_*
19
20 https://devmanual.gentoo.org/eclass-reference/ebuild/index.html
23 I don't know of any portage hook called after an ebuild is complete,
24 same as there isn't one called before. /etc/portage/env isn't that, it
25 just luckily coincidentally happens to be used before ebuilding starts.
28 Alan McKinnon
29 alan.mckinnon@×××××.com