From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Why are gentoo people so in love with colorized output?!?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 16:09:51
1 On Friday 06 April 2007 12:06, Bo Ørsted Andresen wrote:
2
3 > --color=y was for emerge to enable colors through a pipe. less needs -R to
4 > show them.
5
6 I'm coming to the conclusion that something must be amiss in my set up because
7 with or without -R, less shows black & white content only.
8
9 This is an extract of my .bashrc:
10 ============================
11 # /etc/skel/.bashrc:
12 # $Header: /home/cvsroot/gentoo-src/rc-scripts/etc/skel/.bashrc,v 1.8
13 2003/02/28
14 15:45:35 azarah Exp $
15
16 # This file is sourced by all *interactive* bash shells on startup. This
17 # file *should generate no output* or it will break the scp and rcp commands.
18
19 # colors for ls, etc.
20 eval `dircolors -b /etc/DIR_COLORS`
21 alias d="ls --color"