From: James Colannino <gentoo@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: [gentoo-server] courier-imapd have to be restarted to much time
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 01:33:46
1 Claudinei Matos wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I've installed postfix to work with my domain using vmail with courier
5 > imap (I've followed gentoo guide) and it was working fine until today.
6 > Now I have some users (including me) that can't get new messages
7 > 'cause the mail software (thunderbird) keep tring to connect to the
8 > server and doesn't get any messages.
11 I have this exact same problem with my server (it's only been happening
12 for the past few weeks since I updated some packages) and I've been
13 scrounging around trying to find people who have had the same thing
14 happen to them. I noticed a bunch of sasldaemond (I think that was the
15 name) processes that didn't belong to any particular process. That's
16 the only suspicious thing I can report, and I can't even verify that
17 this is the problem.
18
19 I will keep you posted if I find anything. Let me know if you've found
20 anything yourself. Right now I'm working on building a new server
21 installation from scratch which I'll drop in the place of the old root
22 filesystem if I can't figure this out.
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list