From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need help getting portage to email me emerge logs using ssmtp...
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 22:21:22
1 Neil Bothwick writes:
2
3 > On Wed, 14 Dec 2011 15:29:44 -0500, Tanstaafl wrote:
4 >
5 >> I can confirm that sending email from the commandline now works:
6 >
7 >> How do I tell portage to simply use the 'mail' command?
8 >
9 > AFAIR there used to be an option for this, but it's not in the docs.
10 > Have you tried
11 >
12 > PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI="user@address localhost"
13 >
14 > Or leave MAILURI unset in which case it will deliver to
15 > root@localhost.
16
17 What about
18 PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND="cat '\${LOGFILE}' | mail -s 'ebuild log for
19 \${PACKAGE}' user@address"
20
21 Doesn't seem to work here, though. Even if I set PORTAGE_ELOG_SYSTEM to
22 "custom" and PORTAGE_ELOG_COMMAND to an existing script, it is not being
23 called.
24
25 Wonko