From: Grant Edwards <grante@××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Trying to block third party ip address with iptables...
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 15:08:32
1 On 2008-09-14, pk <peterk2@××××××××.se> wrote:
2 > Michal 'vorner' Vaner wrote:
3
4 >> DROP causes the packet to get blackholed without a trace. It
5 >> sometimes happens to packets on internet so it is usual to try
6 >> again and again until it succeeds or timeout (usually in tens
7 >> of seconds) is reached.
8 >
9 > That was the intention. The site in question is my banks site.
10 > And they have a marketing survey company linked to their site
11 > which I want to hide from. If I want to use the banks internet
12 > services, which I pay for, I don't want third parties to snoop
13 > on my activities...
14
15 Sounds like you ought to find a bank that provides decent web
16 service. :)
19 Grant