From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Grub2 and is the upgrade a tooth puller.
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2012 13:43:57
1 On Sat, 30 Jun 2012 04:50:27 -0500, Dale wrote:
2
3 > Thanks. Now more questions. I have read about this a few times but
4 > never quite figured it out. I copy the bzImage and name it bzImage-*
5 > because that is what it is named when I type make etc to build a
6 > kernel. Is there a difference between bzImage and vmlinux?
7
8 The spelling :)
9
10 Seriously though, why not use make install? That way you know the right
11 files get copied and given the expected names.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 */ \* <- Tribbles having a swordfight