From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Kopete and a pesky pop-up then it disconnects.
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 14:57:54
1 On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I mentioned this a while back in another thread. Now it is even worse.
5 > When I tell Kopete to make me "online" with Yahoo, I get a pop-up that
6 > says I am using a old version of Yahoo messenger. If I close the
7 > message box, it throws me offline. Basically, I can't stay online with
8 > Kopete and Yahoo anymore.
9 >
10 > Info for kopete:
11 >
12 >> root@smoker / # emerge -pv kopete:3.5
13 >>
14 >> These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
15 >>
16 >> Calculating dependencies ... done!
17 >> [ebuild R ] kde-base/kopete-3.5.10-r4 USE="crypt groupwise
18 >> highlight history sametime ssl statistics texteffect yahoo
19 >> -addbookmarks -alias -autoreplace -connectionstatus -contactnotes
20 >> -debug -emoticons-manager -gadu -irc -jabber (-jingle)
21 >> -kdehiddenvisibility -latex -msn -netmeeting -nowlistening -oscar -slp
22 >> -sms -translator -v4l2 -webpresence -winpopup -xscreensaver" 0 kB
23 >>
24 >> Total: 1 package (1 reinstall), Size of downloads: 0 kB
25 >> root@smoker / #
26 >
27 > As you can see, I'm still on KDE 3.5. I'm just not ready for KDE 4
28 > yet. If I filed a roach report, would it be fixed? Is there something
29 > that I can do here to make this boo boo message go away and me stay
30 > online? Maybe another port or something?
31 >
32 > Ideas?
33
34 Will it be fixed? Maybe, maybe not.
35
36 A quick Googling and search of KDE's bugzilla shows that even the KDE
37 4.3 version of Kopete is failing to connect to Yahoo Messenger (for at
38 least some people who filed bugs).
39
40 I myself use Pidgin and it connects to Yahoo just fine.