From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] preserved-rebuild will not run at all
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2010 19:00:28
1 On Sun, Dec 12, 2010 at 10:48 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > I have a fair number of preserved-libs, but it will not run at all and
3 > gives the rather strange message:
4 > Calculating dependencies... done!
5 >
6 > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "dev-tex/mplib:0".
7 > (dependency required by "@preserved-rebuild")
8 >
9 > Now I have no such package and an eix seems to indicate that there is no
10 > such, so how do I get this rebuild going again?
11 >
12 > Thanks in advance for all your help.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Your life is like a penny.  You're going to lose it.  The question is:
16 > How do
17 > you spend it?
18 >
19 >         John Covici
20 >         covici@××××××××××.com
24 Probably searching for packages that depend on mplib, (equery) then
25 emerge -C them (it's what I'd probably do - depends...) then re-emerge
26 them if you still use them? Note that I'd go back to finding what
27 members of the world file need all this stuff and emerge that with
28 -DuN, maybe even doing a -depclean after the emerge -C. It's all a
29 guess though.
30
31 Seems like this sort of thing happens when a package gets dumped in an
32 upgrade but somehow the ebuilds or package manager don't get updated
33 or just don't work perfectly.
34
35 Again, all a guess but I can usually figure it out looking at equery
36 output, etc.
37
38 Good luck,
39 Mark