From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Setting up SMTP relay
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 04:05:56
1 On Sat, Jan 22, 2011 at 10:34:11PM +0100, Alex Schuster wrote
2
3 > This is working fine. But there are other PCs in the LAN, which I
4 > would also like to get status emails from. Being not the only one
5 > with root access there, I do not want to duplicate the ssmtp setup
6 > because of the password stored in ssmtp.conf.
7
8 ??? What password in ssmtp.conf ??? My /etc/ssmtp/ssmtp.conf has 4
9 uncommented lines. They are...
10
11 The "root=" entry
12 The "mailhub=" entry
13 The "hostname=" entry
14 FromLineOverride=YES
15
16 That's it. What setup are you using that requires a password in
17 ssmtp.conf?
20 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>