From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo's Python policy drives me crazy
Date: Tue, 17 Dec 2019 16:14:51
1 On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:07 PM Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > On Mon, Dec 16, 2019 at 2:00 PM Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××.be> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > Today's updating involves some package which causes rebuilding
6 > > a package which needs Python2.7 and another one which needs
7 > > python_single_target_python3_8
8 > > required by that mysterious @__auto_slot_operator_replace_installed__
9 > >
10 > > To emerge the Python2.7 package (Scribus) I do need to set
11 > > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python2_7"
12 > > in /etc/portage/make.conf
13 > > which makes the whole update fail since the other packages needs
14 > > PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET="python3_8"
15 > >
16 > > So, what can I brave Gentoo user do?
19 > Set PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET in package.env and not make.conf. That is
20 > definitely a setting that can't be set globally.
21
22 Alternatively, you can set it in package.use:
23
24 app-office/scribus PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: python2_7
25
26 If the package supports several python versions, "-*" might come in handy.
27
28 app-editors/vim PYTHON_SINGLE_TARGET: -* python3_7