From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Multiple Update Issues - what order should things be done?
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2010 02:05:46
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 07 Mar 2010 17:54:31 -0600, Dale wrote:
5 >>> You are going to have to switch sometime, the day will come when
6 >>> baselayout-2 goes stable. Seeing as you plan a large update anyway,
7 >>> which will have downtime, this would be an ideal opportunity.
8 >>>
9 >
10 >> Is baselayout 2 in the tarball yet?
11 >>
12 > Which tarball? Stage 3? Those are always based on stable.
13 >
14 > This would be a good time for me
15 >
16 >> to reinstall from scratch if it is.
17 >>
18 > There's no need to reinstall. All you have to be careful of when
19 > switching to openrc is that you update all the config files before you
20 > reboot. Provided you read the upgrade guide, you shouldn't have any
21 > problems.
25 I figured they were based on stable but was hopeful they may have one
26 that was already converted over.
27
28 I wasn't going to reinstall just because of the update. I was just
29 wanting to reinstall and get a clean start. I been thinking about doing
30 this a while anyway. Just get rid of a little "bit rot". lol I may
31 just wait until they make it stable.
32
33 Dale
34