From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Kppp and two different accounts
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 23:25:28
1 Hi again,
2
3 I'm trying to connect to my brothers ISP and test this email thing out a bit
4 more. I logged out of my user dale and logged in as test with a empty home
5 directory. I opened Kppp and set up a new account called Bell South, got the
6 modem set up and all that stuff. When I tell it to connect, it dials the
7 right number but sends the wrong login and password. It sends the
8 login/password for my exceedtech.net account instead of the bellsouth
9 account. I even went back and typed in the login and password again. It
10 still sends the wrong one.
11
12 Is it possible to have more than one account with Kppp?
13
14 Just to make sure I was not nuts or something. I set up a account with
15 pppconfig as bellsouth with the correct info. It does the same thing as
16 Kppp. It sends the login/password for exceedtech instead of the bellsouth
17 info. I checked the file, the file is correct.
18
19 What do I need to change to make this work? Anybody ever run into this
20 before?
21
22 Oh, I'm back at a slow speed again and I'm in Kmail to boot. :-(
23
24 Dale
25 :-)
26 --