From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I restore special keys in X?
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:20:43
1 On Wednesday 16 December 2009 06:05:04 Walter Dnes wrote:
2 > We've all heard about the DontZap fiasco, caused by a few whiners. I
3 > managed to restore that, but there seems to be even more lost
4 > functionality. "MagicSysReq" no longer works in X. In addition, I've
5 > made a slight change in /etc/inittab...
6 >
7 > ca:12345:ctrlaltdel:/usr/bin/chvt 1
8 >
9 > ...which should cause ctrl_alt_del to kick me into tty1, rather than
10 > rebooting. Here is the "InputDevice" section in my xorg.conf which
11 > (along with DontZap) restores ctral_alt_bksp functionality.
12 >
13 > Section "InputDevice"
14 > Identifier "Keyboard0"
15 > Driver "kbd"
16 > Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
17 > Option "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_del"
18 > EndSection
19 >
20 > MagicSysReq and the modified ctrl_alt_del both work from a text
21 > console, but not from X. What do I have to do to enable them? BTW, I
22 > am not running HAL or DBUS.
23
24 Option "DontZap" "false"
25 Option "VTSysReq" "true"
26
27 This is from the good ol' xorg.conf days. Today you can use similar entries
28 in the fdi XML files - but I am not really up to speed with those. Google
29 might help.
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Mick