From: tuxic@××××××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Nvidia-driver installation problems...
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2020 09:25:31
1 Hi,
2
3 I am using kernel 5.15 / 6.3 vanilla.
4 When using nvidia-drivers via Gentoo I can start X11 and such.
5 Blender does not find the GPU though.
6
7 If I remove nvidia-drivers and install the drivers of the same
8 version as provided by nvidia itsself, everything works find.
9
10 To examine this a little further I have put nividia-drivers
11 into /etc/portage/profile/package.provided:
12
13 >=x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers-340.108
14
15 which will silently be ignored and nvidia-drivers will
16 be emerged...which will lead to a whole lotta mess.
17
18 How can I stop emerge from emergeing nvidia-drivers
19 without masking (which leads to a bunch of new
20 problems) other than pressing CTRL-C each time? ;)
21
22 Cheers!
23 Stay healthy!
24 Meino