From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Heads-up; bash now uses "readline" USE flag
Date: Sat, 08 Sep 2012 08:09:29
1 On Fri, 7 Sep 2012 20:41:28 -0400, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > I updated world yesterday, and discovered that bash functionality was
4 > severly degraded on my machine. No up-arrow to scroll through history,
5 > no tab-completion, etc, etc. A bit of Google searching turned up the
6 > fact that bash no-longer uses an internal "readline" library, but now
7 > depends on the "readline" USE flag for this functionality. If you don't
8 > have "readline" globally enabled set...
9
10 Isn't readline enabled by default on all reasonable profiles? Do you have
11 USE="-* in make.conf? If so, it's just bitten you.
15 Neil Bothwick
16
17 Last words of a Windows user: = Where do I have to click now? - There?