From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: CD/DVD burning tools?
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 22:17:02
1 On Sun, 29 Jun 2008 21:46:41 +0200
2 Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (Joerg Schilling) wrote:
3
4 > »Q« <boxcars@×××.net> wrote:
5 >
6 > > I've just read your outdated page
7 >
8 > It is not outdated. Since more than a year, there is no visible
9 > development in cdrkit. So I asume that they did not add new bugs.
10
11 cdrkit 1.1.7.1 was released 17 March 2008.
12
13 cdrkit 1.1.8 is in portage and has been available from cdrkit.org
14 since 25 May 2008.
15
16 > > <http://cdrecord.berlios.de/private/linux-dist.html>. Where you
17 > > listed specific bugs, I see they don't affect me (and can't imagine
18 > > they'd affect most users). Most of what you cite as bugs are just
19 > > features they haven't implemented yet (and for all I know, they
20 > > have since you wrote that page).
21 >
22 > This is obviously FUD:
23
24 Nope, all of that was factual, though it's not worth it for me to list
25 the few entries that were specific enough for me to evaluate. Only the
26 bugs you're *specific* about don't affect me. In places where you are
27 more vague, I can't guess. I'll just continue not to know.
28
29 > Just because you don't already know that you are affected does not
30 > mean that you are not affected.
31
32 I agree, about the ones that are vague. If one affects me, I'll have to
33 wait until someone points it out to me and either explains or points to
34 an explanation.
35
36 > It would be fun to see you in 5 years after your then current OS
37 > won't read your DVDs anymore because of the bugs in the filesystem
38 > structure.
39
40 It'd be great if someone would point me to information about this
41 instead of just enjoying the prospect of it harming me.
42
43 I no longer expect you to provide any useful info, so I'll check out of
44 the thread now. Good luck with your efforts to improve the situation,
45 if it needs improving.
48 »Q«
49 Kleeneness is next to Gödelness.
53 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list