From: Andrew Lowe <agl@×××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Anyone with experience viewing EXIF data in Dolphin?
Date: Fri, 05 Jul 2019 19:37:41
1 Hi all,
2 I'm transferring my install from a spinning disk to an SSD and decided
3 to tidy up/customise/stuff up things as I go. I've recently taken a lot
4 of photo's whilst travelling and I have the Coords in the EXIF data.
5 What I would like is to be able to easily view this data. There is a
6 thingy called "ReImage"[1] which allows for a right click within Dolphin
7 and you can select an option to display the EXIF data in a dialogue box.
8
9 I had to manually install this as I could find nothing on "Dolphin
10 Service Menus" within Portage, or the Gentoo wiki or basically on line
11 at all, so is there a Gentoo way of dealing with these in the first place?
12
13 Secondly, I then came across "kfilemetadata" in Portage. Without
14 installing this as well, does this give the same thing? If so, how do
15 you use this thing? Acutally, as I'm writing this, I'm still reserching
16 and api.kde.org[2] says it's a library, so what apps use it?
17
18 I hope this makes sense, it's 03:33 in Perth, Australia at the moment
19 and I've knocked back a fair amount of chocolate, and one or two
20 fermented beverages, whilst doing this work ;) Any thoughts are greatly
21 appreciated,
22
23 Andrew
24