From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] What is the fastest file system for microsd?
Date: Wed, 02 Sep 2020 07:49:54
1 On Monday, 31 August 2020 21:00:28 BST Andrew Udvare wrote:
2 > On Mon, Aug 31, 2020, 15:07 никита степанов <nstepanov3@××.ru> wrote:
3 > > What is the fastest file system for microsd?
4 >
5 > Any file system without journaling and other extra parts. I would place my
6 > bets on ext2 in terms of raw speed.
7 >
8 > There is also FAT and exFAT which should be fast enough. exFAT is optimised
9 > for flash storage and is now in the kernel.
10
11 What's F2FS like these days? I tried it some years ago and it was still
12 unstable, but it may have improved since then.
15 Regards,
16 Peter.