From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Alternatives to knutclient
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2017 01:57:00
1 Daniel Frey wrote:
2 >
3 > Well, that's odd. I just built it and see nothing of the sort. I built
4 > it with all USE flags.
5 >
6 > I am not using nut now, but I was trying it about a year ago. I did
7 > have a client (it wasn't knutclient), maybe it was removed from the
8 > tree. That's disappointing.
9 >
10 > How much information do your users need? I'm running KDE5 with apcupsd
11 > and an APC UPS, and the battery monitor built in to KDE shows me that
12 > the battery is at 100% (it doesn't really say much else, though.)
13 >
14 > Dan
18 I seem to recall that one was treecleaned a good while back, few
19 months.  I can't recall the name but think it was something KDE
20 related.  I seem to recall --depclean removing it or something here.
21 Can't recall why it was removed from the tree tho.
22
23 That said, I tried Knutclient here and while it works, it doesn't say
24 much.  It seems most features don't work with the UPS I have.  It does
25 show on the command line with a upsc command.  Maybe I need some
26 different settings or something.
27
28 Dale
29