From: Dale <dalek@××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] yet more ALSA trouble
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:32:31
1 Robert Morris wrote:
4 >robert@apollo ~ $ cat /proc/asound/cards
5 >0 [nForce2 ]: NFORCE - NVidia nForce2
6 > NVidia nForce2 with ALC650F at 0xe5080000, irq 19
7 >
8 >Not sure that helps or not, but it looks like there are a few things
9 >missing from your config. Specifically this section:
10 ># ALSA portion
11 >alias char-major-116 snd
12 ># OSS/Free portion
13 >alias char-major-14 soundcore
14 >
15 >Hope that helps,
16 >Robert
20 I have a Abit NF7 mobo with on board sound and it was sucky. There was
21 no mixer support so only one sound at a time. I went to newegg and got
22 me a soundblaster card and it is a LOT better. You may not can but I
23 thought it worth mentioning so you will not be to disappointed with it.
24
25 Now I wish I had saved that old drive with Mandrake on it. I could post
26 what I had in my config files. It did work, just not near as good as
27 Soundblaster.
28
29 Dale
30 :-)
33 To err is human, I'm most certainly human.
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list