From: "Stefan G. Weichinger" <lists@×××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: ssh rekeying slow ?
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 21:11:13
1 Am 25.06.2014 21:49, schrieb Alan McKinnon:
2
3 > I've also noticed slowdowns recently, I think it's the new ciphers likes
4 > ecdsa. Try this:
5 >
6 > Connect using ssh -vvv and examine the output to find which of the
7 > various ciphers and algorithms are used once connection is achieved. On
8 > the client, add those configuration options for the server to
9 > ssh_config. You should notice a speed up on the next attempt as unused
10 > methods will be skipped
11 >
12 > man 5 ssh_config
13 >
14 > has all the details
15
16 ;-)
17
18 thanks, Alan.
19
20 Did you already find out what options to set?
21
22 Aside from that, I wonder why we as users have to do that and why it
23 isn't set up "as good as possible" by the coders of openssh.
24
25 I will see if I can figure out what to do ...
26
27 Stefan