From: Eddie Mihalow Jr <stimpy56@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Root login, KDE-3.4
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2005 14:25:38
1 Ted Ozolins wrote:
2 > Just completed an "emerge -uvD world" on all my systems here. The update
3 > went extremely smooth, many thanks to the Gentoo developers and package
4 > maintainer. Now root is not permitted to login to KDE, which is just
5 > fine by me except for login into my lab-rat. My test machine is placed
6 > on the net only as a user and when I need to upgrade, the rest of the
7 > time it is not on the net. I use the lab-rat to test new
8 > hardware/software and its convenient to be logged in as root. How do I
9 > enable root login in kdm?
10 >
11 > TIA
12 >
13 Edit /usr/KDE/3.4/share/config/kdm/kdmrc. Change allowrootlogin to true
14 --
15 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list