From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: korganize-4.7.3 broken
Date: Fri, 06 Jan 2012 17:45:36
1 On Friday 06 Jan 2012 16:28:39 James wrote:
2 > OK, I think I found the problem.
3 >
4 > In the settings->general->calenders
5 > there is nothing selected. Nothing shows
6 > up but 2 copies of std.ics.
7 >
8 > Now in this dir ( ~/.kde4/share/apps/korganizer )
9 > I have several calenders that end in .ics.
10 > (for since kde 3 I have used mulitple calenders.
11 > Do I just stick them in that dir, or do I have to
12 > follow a new proceedure to add calenders.....?
13 >
14 > None of them even show up. Before korganizer-4.7.3
15 > each update to kde (stable) just auto picked up those
16 > calenders.
17 >
18 > So using the buttons in the configuration menu,
19 > to add the std.ics calender, I now see this:
20 >
21 > " akonadi_kcal_resource_0
22 > No KDe calendar plugin configured yet "
23
24 Disclaimer : ive used korginizer for just over a month now (new
25 to the concept time management) and im using 4.7.4.
26
27 have you tried adding a "ICal Calendar File" resource and point it to one of
28 the ics files if you know where they are. Or alternativly you can try the "KDE
29 Calendar(traditional)" resource.
32 > Which leaves me to believe that akonadi,
33 > stringi or PIM has run amok.....
34
35 I dont think strigi is causing any problem here, strigi is mainly for
36 indexing files and most people (me) usually disable it.
37
38 > How to I test that stringi, akonadi and
39 > PIM are all running happily, on my old
40 > dual core workstation? (what should ps
41 > or similar command show).
42
43 If you type akonadi in krunner(alt+f2) or run the command
44
45 kcmshell4 akonadi
46
47 it should show you akonadis configuration, under the Akonadi Server tab
48 there is a button to Test akonadi you can try that and see if everything is
49 ok.
55 - Yohan Pereira
56
57 "How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our
58 thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in
59 the waking state?"
60 -- Plato