From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] FUSE (was: Add a module post kernel config/build)
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 13:43:51
1 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2
3 > On Wed, 18 Apr 2007 12:37:07 +0200, Alexander Skwar wrote:
4 >
5 >> As far FUSE is concerned, it might be advisable to stay away from the
6 >> in-kernel FUSE and use the standalone sys-fs/fuse package. At
7 >> least ntfs3g doesn't work with the in-kernel fuse.
8 >
9 > Really? It works here, as do sshfs and encfs.
10
11 Hm. Not so sure anymore. I seem to remember, that either sys-fs/ntfs3g
12 or sys-fs/fuse would completely refuse to build, if in-kernel fuse was
13 built.
14
15 But checking out the ebuilds on the CVS, I can't seem to be able to back
16 this statement I made.
17
18 While we're at the topic of fuse - which version is more recent?
19 The one in gentoo kernel or the one in the seperate package?
20
21 Alexander Skwar
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list