From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoos community communication rant
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 14:50:50
1 Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com> writes:
2
3 >> I don't know who this fellow Al is, but he seems to have a stuck idea from 10+
4 >> years ago. Gentoo doesn't have a newsgroup probably because Gentoo users do
5 >> not want one.
6 >
7 > My father hasn't internet at all and he doesn't miss it. There are
8 > even people that can't read. They don't miss it. There are devolopers
9 > that never used a version management. They think they don't want it.
10 >
11 > So what do you want to say?
12 >
13 > Gentoo is developers network not a rest home.
14
15 Many of us on the mailing list (e.g. me) have used newsgroups. I prefer
16 the mailing list interface. I must say that emacs/gnus the distinction
17 is blurred. All the gentoo-user mail goes to the gentoo-user "group"
18 in gnus and thus doesn't clutter up my primary and course mailboxes
19
20 I admit to having very good internet connectivity.
21
22 allan