From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Question for users of the Firefox browser
Date: Sun, 17 May 2015 21:41:35
1 On 05/16/2015 10:52 PM, Andrew Lowe wrote:
2 > I've been using Firefox for ages and something struck me recently as a
3 > bit odd. In the Windows version, if I click up into the address or
4 > search boxes, the existing contents are highlighted and if I begin
5 > typing, the existing text is deleted and what I'm typing becomes the
6 > contents. On the Linux version, under KDE, it doesn't.
7
8 I've noticed that, when running linux, the end result of "selecting"
9 text can depend on which "Desktop Environment" you are using. Some
10 DE's apparently interpose themselves between the ancient behavior of
11 the X server and their own implementations of "clipboard".
12
13 For better or worse, you are always running the same DE under Windows,
14 so the behavior of text selection should change only when Windows crashes :)