From: "Sigfrido V. Ortiz C." <sigfridov@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Best printer to use with Gentoo.
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 17:08:01
1 adams@××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > I've had no success getting my HP PSC 1610 Inkjet/Scanner connected to
3 > CUPS under Gentoo. Of course, there's no such thing as a "best" printer,
4 > but do any subscribers have recommendations for printers they've found
5 > easy to connect and use?
6 >
7 > Either inkjet or low-cost laser.
8 >
9 > Thanks
10 > Carl Adams
14 I have a Brother HL-5140, it is working fine with CUPS through SAMBA,
15 because the machine is attached to a Windows XP PC, and I have linux in
16 an old Toshiba Satellite 2590CDT Laptop PC.
17 When you review the list of foomatic ready, you will see also a lot of
18 printers ready to work with Linux using CUPS.
19
20 Sigfrido
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list