From: Etaoin Shrdlu <shrdlu@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Mounting /dev/sdaX on boot does not work
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 07:44:52
1 On Thursday 31 January 2008, Alan McKinnon wrote:
2
3 > To get my sound card to work, I need a parameter "dell=m42". How
4 > should I easily pass this argument without modules?
5
6 IIRC, the syntax for passing arguments to built-in modules is
7 modulename.paramname=value on the kernel command line. Of course, only
8 at boot time (while with real modules you can pass the arguments when
9 you load the module, and also you can load/unload the module many times
10 without rebooting).
11 I'm not entering the debate here; just wanted to share the info.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list