From: Michael Mol <mikemol@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Good 'layman' tutorial on IPv4 > IPv6?
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 15:50:42
1 On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM, Tanstaafl <tanstaafl@×××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I have a reasonable grasp of how to use IP addresses etc with IPv4, but
3 > every time I start rading about IPv6 I get a headache...
4 >
5 > Does anyone know of a decent tutorial written specifically to those who have
6 > an ok (but not hugely in-depth) understanding of IPv4, and doesn't get
7 > bogged down in too many technical details, but simply explains what you need
8 > to know to be able to transition to it and use it effectively *and securely*
9 > - and/or how *not* to have to expose your entire private network to the
10 > world (what IPv4 NAT protects you from)?
11
12 I've been doing IPv6 presentations at LUGs and tech cons, and I'm
13 getting scheduled for a few IPv6 topics at Penguicon...but I'm pretty
14 sure I'm also not the most knowledgeable on this list wrt IPv6,
15 either. Still, what would you like to know? (I can use your questions
16 as fodder and experience for future presentations. ^^)
20 :wq