From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Argh, palemoon again ** 3 [Was: GCC 5.4.0]
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 21:17:24
1 On 2017-04-24 15:31, Walter Dnes wrote:
2
3 > > Or do I have to mask gcc-5 until palemoon is fixed (and will it ever be?)
4
5 [...]
6
7 > I believe Pale Moon has problems with the new
8 > ABI. I've been successfully using a custom-built gcc-5.4.0, built
9 > with...
10 >
11 > --with-default-libstdcxx-abi=gcc4-compatible
12
13 BTW, do we even know where this bit of information comes from? That
14 error hook is in all the palemoon eclasses, but there is no elaboration
15 of what precisely the problems are or a URL to such description.
16
17 I am asking because, for a few minutes I had palemoon running with the
18 new libstdc++ loaded (I had to do that to verify for sure that it was
20 message is just obsolete?
23 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
24 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
25 Don't clear-text sign:
26 http://primate.net/~itz/blog/the-problem-with-gpg-signatures.html