From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Firefox and VPN, plus security in generla
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 18:11:19
1 Neil Bothwick <neil <at> digimed.co.uk> writes:
4 > Some of what Dale wants can be achieved to a greater or lesser extent
5 > with Tor, so he should be looking at that too.
8 Blueness has created a 'tin hat' [1] mini secure linux distro that runs
9 in all ram for the truely paranoid (or those with valid security features).
10 You can just boot up with tinhat or Pentoo and use the live version
11 for sensitive transactional types of events...... There is also, bluedragon
12 and lilblue, all excellent, reasonably secure systems to testdrive.
15 Also, you may want to see if 'www-client/xombrero' meets your needs.
16 I have not had time to implement it, so it's on my todo list to evaluate.
19 hth,
20 James
21
22 [1] http://opensource.dyc.edu/tinhat