From: Patrick Marquetecken <patrick.marquetecken@×××××××.be>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Bridging problems with new baselayout - SOLVED
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 11:47:48
1 Is seems that my net.eth3 was a old script, when replacing it with a newer
2 version my ny /etc/conf.d/net if working perfect.
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > I'm having trouble to get bridging working with the new baselayout
8 > I followed a example of gentoo-wiki
9 >
10 > config_eth0=( "10.32.3.52/22" )
11 > config_eth1=( "10.32.100/28" )
12 > config_eth2=( "10.32.100.18/28" )
13 > config_eth3=( "null" )
14 > config_tap0=( "0.0.0.0 promisc" )
15 > config_br0=( "10.32.100.99" )
16 > bridge_br0="eth3 tap0"
17 > depend_br0 () {
18 > need net.tap0 net.eth3
19 > }
20 >
21 > when i bring up the net.br0 i get this error:
22 >
23 > * Please make sure that /etc/conf.d/net has $ifconfig_eth3 set
24 > * (or $iface_eth3 for old-style configuration)
25 > * ERROR: Problem starting needed services.
26 > * "net.br0" was not started.
27 >
28 > If i run all the commands with ifconfig i get it working.
29 >
30 > Whats wrong in my /etc/conf.d/net ?
31 >
32 > TIA
33 > Patrick
34 >
35 > --
38 > This is Unix-Land. In quiet nights, you can hear the Windows machines
39 > reboot.
40 > --
41 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
48 Arwen: "Why do you fear the past? You are Isildur's heir, not Isildur
49 himself. You are not bound to his fate."
50 --
51 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list